Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Kona Cafe Mural" acrylic on wall 2003






These are images of a mural I did at the now closed Kona Cafe in Mukwonago. There were four panels each at 4' by 8'. They were side by side and appeared as if it were a window looking out at a Hawaiian fishing scene. This was a very enjoyable mural to do...I did it in the overnight hours all alone and played music loud...my favorite way to paint. I have only good memories of doing this mural. I had a nice write up in the food section of the Milwaukee Journal when they reviewed the restaurant. It was fun to get to work that morning open up the paper and see my artwork... it was a surprise to me...it's just too bad they got rid of this place...oh well I have the photos and the memories.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment